Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a friend have just started a "radio" program (broadcast only via internet) on athletics.
Half an hour weekly with the main news, calendar of main races in Portugal, results, interviews...
We will have our third program on Tuesday and I still have no idea if anyone besides our family and friends listens to it :embarrassed: but we are still going.

What I mean with this topic is to, maybe, leave the thought with you... I think people in Britain are much more open minded to new technologies and something like this is very simple to do and could get a lot of people interested.
Maybe some of you could start something similar :)

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is (but only in portuguese though... :embarrassed: )
We had 36 downloads for the first program (one was mine and the other my father's hehe) which is 34 more than we had expected :d
We have just recorded the 3rd today which will air tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I'd be very interested if there were an english equivalent! If anyone has the time and/or know how, they should sort it out ;)

How's your spoken english fulmar? I'm sure you'd get a few DL's from the UK :)

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Errrr... what's a DL? :embarrassed:
My English is ok... just a bit of a Scottish accent from too much time North of the border :p

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Dan, I was thinking the other day, what about an edition like runners world, even if it's a one off !!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I'd love to have a stab, however I fear my CSE 4 in english might hold me back :d

I reckon we could probably put together an electronic version without too much trouble whih input from everyone !?!

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Granty, thanks for the explanation.
Dan, I have a hectic life at the moment with a night job, university and training for that elusive sub 3h marathon.
But I am hoping to have some more time in January. And I would love to do a "worldwide program" :) (lets admit it... a lot more people speak English than Portuguese ;) )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts