Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Steve said:
Annual club presentation evening this Friday............now what shall my speech consist of folks?:d

I think that us forumites should give you a sentence that you have to work into your speech.:d

Any suggestions can be formed in to a poll to decide. What do you reckon?:d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hot foot said:
I think that us forumites should give you a sentence that you have to work into your speech.:d

Any suggestions can be formed in to a poll to decide. What do you reckon?:d
Ok then........:d

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Good idea HF!

I'll think of one and report back later
(I'm not s'posed to be in here...I'm on Module 3 of my course in Bristol this week ;) )

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I got my heckling voice ready and the clapping sound affects.

:p

or the tumbleweed sound affect

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
I got a letter through the post about our clubs awards evening... it appears that pretty much EVERYONE got an award (barr me of course - being the 'new guy' n all - they've only just started acknowledging my existance in race reports! :p )

Out of interest, how manay awards are presented at your club Steve? I think there's a good 30+ at ours! :eek:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Awaits Steve's response. :p *pulls up a chair.

Dont think theres that many Rich...

Mind you if there was an award for most smiley face on races i could be nominated for that ........ or taking in most sights on a race award....

:d

Not sure if he will be online today he is probably baking cakes :p

Or Making Vodka Jellies ;)

Or making SWMBO listen to his speech all day

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Just counted ours... there's 57 people recieving awards for something or other... is it really worth bothering? May as well just hand them out to everyone and say "you're all winners!" :rolleyes:

Kind loses the point if they become so easy to obtain - I mean it's not like we even get 57 people turn up each week!!!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Richard,

I guess it depends on the size of the club and the nature of the awards.

We had 50paid up members last year...though we only ever really see 30 of them at most.

We have male and female club champs shields, male and female most improved shields and male and female athlete of the year trophies. We do though also have club standards...which is based on age and race times througout the year....there were 5 handed out this year....so in total we had 11 awards.

Not sure what folks thought of my ramble through the review of the season........

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LEECE said:
Not sure if he will be online today he is probably baking cakes :p

Or Making Vodka Jellies ;)

Or making SWMBO listen to his speech all day

That's just about how it was all day...was knackered by the time folk started to arrive!!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As she'll be too modest to post herself I think I should let you all know that.............

.......Leece won our club's Most Improved Lady Runner award on Friday.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Well Done Leece !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................................................... eclipsee_gold_cup.gif ........ congrats002.gif ................ allhail_sml.gif ................. medium-smiley-120.gif

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Awwwww thanks i was so shocked that i won this category.

I was so chuffed and still am :p

Well done to you too Steve :d

1 - 20 of 30 Posts