Runners Forum banner

Back from the physio

2K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  Hrun 
#1 ·
So good news I can carry on running, bad news my proproception is shot on my right ankle and knee.
My knee is not in the right place so thats I have been getting niggles. Patella is not tracking right. Have to keep foot and knee in-line while doing excersises.
She suspects with me stapping my foot up when it was sore I have sprained my ankle.
So I have be compesating for the fact my foot was sore.

Also my hamstrings are in good nick, quds are good to but need to bulid them up to help with my knee. Calfs are tight and I have to stretch them.

Umm thats all I can remember just now.

#4 ·
I asked if I was to lay off the running for a bit, and she said no. I'm not doing any damage, all the things she said made perfect sense now I've had a chance to think about it.

Because parts of me are not balanced they are causing problems. But once they are balansed I should be fine.

I'm glad to say I prefer the new wife she picked up on problems the old physio didn't.
Like the calf's being tight, and the patella not tracking right.

So as they say onwards and upwards.

#7 ·
Sounds like a really positive appointment; I was at the physio a few weeks ago for a 'numb foot' problem and mentioned that I feel 'unbalanced' (not mentally, I only talk to properly trained professionals about that problem!!) but we didn't really have enough time left to get into it. I've been thinking about biomechanical assessment after ready Richard Simkiss's post about it. bit pricey though...

Hope the exercises help you :)

#8 ·
I think it depends where you go... mine was £50odd, and I came away with a full understanding of what my body was doing while a run, stretches to improve any imperfections and correct any imbalances, and a list of running shoes suitable for my gait - now if you weigh that up against an injury which you might have to see a physio for... sounds pretty good value to me!

I have in the past heard of assessments in the £200 region though, which does seem a little excessive!

Glad to hear you've identified the problem littlered - keep up with your stretches and strengthening exercises and it'll soon become a distant memory ;)

#9 ·
Well I'm not running for a week:':)

The out side of my ankle has got a bit better but the dam achilles has flared up (well I think thats it). It is now swollen round the back of my ankle (both knobbly bits can not be seen:(()

Granted I am back to work this week and have been on my feet all this time.

So I'm just going to ice it, take Ibuprofen, rest (no running), strap it (reduce swelling while on feet) and continue with the stretching and see how it is in a week.

I'm bloody gutted:'(

Can I still go for a walk?

#13 ·
I know, I know!!:rolleyes: What I'm afraid of is not having enough training time for the marathon next year:((

And I'm worried that I will not beable to do it, I'm getting a little stressed with the injury's and not running.

I'll just have to go oot on my bike and keep doing that till it's better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.