Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I can do a lot of running with no problem,but if I stand up after a bit my lower back aches.
This seams tio happen only when I stand still and am not active in any way. Has anyone known of this before,and if so what can I do.M

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Have you had your shoes checked out yet? I used to suffer with lots of lower back ache I've had chiropractic treatment and I do yoga and pilates, which really helps. Working on your core stability will help you back no end. I also wear orthotics, which are special insoles to help correct my posture and control my pronation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steady Edwina said:
Have you had your shoes checked out yet? I used to suffer with lots of lower back ache I've had chiropractic treatment and I do yoga and pilates, which really helps. Working on your core stability will help you back no end. I also wear orthotics, which are special insoles to help correct my posture and control my pronation.
Hi,I'll be sorting the shoe thing out in a couple of days,no later than saturday,when I've been to the shop I'll let you know how things went.Thanks for the advice I will be using it,so until I can get to Smithdown rd I'll speak soon.M

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
et your OH to give you a back rub with some essential oils. I also find cold therapy gels like biofreeze useful as well - they do a roll on application.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts