Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I thought I would post these exercises on the forum for anyone who might be interested, if there is anything in there that doesn't make a lot of sense let me know and I will try and explain it better.

These are to help strengthen the muscles around your spine to keep it well supported

The exercises were supplied to me by my Physio, so it will explain the notes etc.

I hope you find them useful.

TT:d

View attachment Back Strengthening Exercises.pdf

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Thanks TT! How perfectly timed! I know there was a thread very recently on back exercises, and after playing football for the first time in a few months yesterday, mine's tightened up a treat from all the twisting and turning!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I aim to please :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hold for 20 -30 seconds and as you get used to it extend the time, try lifting one leg up too. This can also be done with arms extended you might find this easier at first.

Plank.jpg

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pretty much yes, give it a go :d

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
a side plank is good... helps prevent a side stitch... i'm always getting side stitch... guess you always have some sort of niggle if you run like a mental...

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hi All

I thought I would post these exercises on the forum for anyone who might be interested, if there is anything in there that doesn't make a lot of sense let me know and I will try and explain it better.

These are to help strengthen the muscles around your spine to keep it well supported

The exercises were supplied to me by my Physio, so it will explain the notes etc.

I hope you find them useful.

TT:d

View attachment 592
I got a weighted hula hoop to strengthen my back :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how do you get on with it? :d

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Its brilliant you only have to do ten mins a day with it, its hard but you can feel its doing good... i suffer terrible with my back all started when i had horses lugging about bales of straw and hay then getting chucked off into jumps, then having kids... i had the labour pains in my back also which seems to have stayed with me permanent lol :p

·
Registered
451 Posts
Thanks for that pdf TT, I've had loads of back problems in the past and jump at any chance to keep my back in shape.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hope it helps :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
starting these again, naughty me should never have stopped them, :'(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts