Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, been a long time since I've been on here. Looks like things are going well.

The site got blocked at my old work, then I left it and moved. Finally settling in and have a bit more time (although I'll still probably stick to lunchtime surfing!).

Running's not been fantastic, did White Peak mara in May. Then had most of the summer off due to moving and being busy. Although in September I had my best running experience yet when I was in a team for the Round Norfolk relay, I didn't run fantastically, but it was a great event.

Just thought I'd say hello again anyway.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
From memory you had an IT issue last time round.....hope you have no problems this time!

Round Norfolk Relay is good but quite hard work isn't it. I've only done it once...7 years ago but mean to try to get my new club to rustle up numbers for next year. Apparently Norfolk is flat....try telling that to RNR runners! What leg did you do?

Dan..another idea...could we perhaps enter this relay as a RF TEAM? From memory I think you need 17 runners, with bike and vehicular support (at night). It's a 24hr relay with legs of various distances...about 6.5m up to 21 miles(ish).

·
Registered
231 Posts
Steve said:
could we perhaps enter this relay as a RF TEAM? From memory I think you need 17 runners, with bike and vehicular support (at night). It's a 24hr relay with legs of various distances...about 6.5m up to 21 miles(ish).
Sounds like a great idea. Count me in (for one of the shorter distances of course, although who knows how far I'll be running come next September)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

I did the last leg at the RNR, I ran for Team fetcheveryone.com. It was a bit of a struggle as I'd not run 12 miles for about 3 months. 9 min miled all the way (usual pace for the distance is 7.5 min miling), but the thought of working for the rest of your team gets you through. The other problem was that I hadn't slept for 36 hours as I just couldn't sleep, I'd also riden about 20 miles so wasn't the freshest daisy by that stage!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts