Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a bad experience with ontherun.co.uk? I ordered some Adidas Adistar training shoes from on the run almost a month ago. They never arrived and I've had no reply to countless e-mails. I'm worried it might be some kind of scam - does ontherun.co.uk really exist? Help please! :(

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
they've been advertising in the running mags for quite some years now however i honestly don't know if they are a genuine company .

Have you tried phoning them?

If you don't get a response it could be that the firm is in trouble .

did you get a confirmation e mail for your order?
have the company got a high street shop ?
if yes find out from yellow pages or similar the telephone number of a business in the same street to see if they are still trading there is nothing like local knowledge.
A month is too long to wait !

If all else fails contact trading standards

DON'T BE FOBBED OFF

GOOD LUCK!

next time try sole obsession in wiltshire limited range but great prices great service

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice - I'll contact consumer direct. There's no phone number for ontherun.co.uk and I don't think they have a high street shop. I've written to a postal address but there's been no answer. I'm getting seriously worried I'm not going to see my £75 again. I'd advise anyone else to steer clear. Worse thing is my old trainers are falling to pieces!

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
on the run i've looked again at their website the telephone number of their retail store is
01727 874400

their address is
10, How wood
Park street
St albans
AL2 2RA

it does say on their retail shop page that they are closed for refubishment till feb 1st
all in all it doesn't sound good either that or it could be that their having a re organisation and your order has gone haywire sounds unlikely though
Did you pay by credit card try contacting them see if there is any way of getting your money back

DON'T GIVE UP YET THOUGH

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Further info for you .i've located a business which is just a few doors away, 6 to be precise.
It's a fish and chip shop their tel no is o1727 874400 give them a call it,s £75.00 at the end of the day

best of luck !!

let the forum know how you get on it may help others in the future thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's superb - you should be a detective! I'll chase it up tomorrow. Even if the order has gone missing they should have explained why - I've e-mailed them at [email protected] about a dozen times now. At least this might stop other people from buying stuff from them until we know if it's a scam. Are there any decent online suppliers out there?

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
the ones i've dealt with are northern runner in newcastle and sole obsession in wiltshire
they've both done exactly what it says on the tin as it were

DON'T LET THE BUGGERS GRIND YOU DOWN!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tried the number listed for onthe run.co.uk and, not surprisingly, it's not recognised. I think they've either gone bust or it's a scam. I can only warn everyone to steer cleer.:(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still no joy. I've been advised by trading standards to give an extended two-week deadline which runs out next week but there's been no answer. My concern is that the website is still live and I'm sure others will go on buying.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts