Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 vices I can talk about here....cheese and coffee. I'm addicted to both!

How many coffees do you have every day? I daren't count the number of mugs I have...well into double figures. Never effects my running though.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Junk food is my issue, I'm not fat, and out of work my diet is pretty good. However three lunches out of five are usually deep fried.

I had a pizza crunch lunchtime special yesterday, get this: half a frozen pizza dipped in batter then deep fried along with chips, a buttered roll and a can of coke - all for £2.00, a bargain, i'm sure you'll agree. Do you think I am getting enough carb!!!???

flakey

edit: Yes, I am Scottish!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have one coffee first thing in the morning and two at teatime (water only during work hours). Prior to my marathon, I did go cold turkey (or is it chicken?) for two days and had terrible headaches. I had to have a cup of coffee to get rid of the headache!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Bought a 'real' coffee machine for home, makes fantastic coffee. As I only drink it black, it makes a big difference.

Can't live without, coffee, cheese, curry, chocolate....and alcohol (although, only in moderation of course!)

Otherwise my diet is healthy, follow the 80/20 rule.

·
Registered
813 Posts
If you drink it black you get a pure coffee taste, put milk (or cream) with it and it changes the flavour. This even makes fantastic decaff......as far as is possible!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
At least 15 cups of tea a day, I'm sure I read somewhere that tea is good for you!!, generally eat 3 good meals a day but really struggle not eating a mars bar or 2 in between them.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
:d Clean living. No vices. thats me.

you should all be ashamed.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
You didn`t get to 300 posts by leaving me alone.

You bully.

Lyn will sort you out later. ;)

·
Registered
813 Posts
You lot all need keeping in order!

Late night at work tonight, healthy dinner, no alcohol when I get home. Is that a sad Friday night, or am I getting old?

I need to run a longish one tomorrow, or I feel I am not running enough. I have had a big racehorse to look after and ride this week, so my leg muscles have been pulled about in different places!

I need a coffee..............

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bagpuss!
You can get arrested for that.... riding big horses that is!

Back to running....I'm up for a long(ish) run tomorrow instead of Sunday (Firm's golf day)....aim for 11miles Ithink.....you?

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have mapped out a seven mile route, that has an option of an extra mile and a half, if I'm feeling energetic. Funny how a few months back my mind was on how much further I had to go before I stopped, now I'm thinking about making my routes longer.

Maybe I am getting fitter, some days better than others.

Golf???............do you wear Rupert bear trousers?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts