Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out on one of my mid week runs tonight. It was suppose to be 10 miles + usually try to get a long one in once a week. Ok started to crash at 4 miles i put this down to the exvessive heat to which i am not suited give me rain any day!

I told the two running partners i was with to carry on and i'd turn back as it cooled on the return trip o felt better and picked up the pace slightly. To top the ruined run when i arrived back i found i had gotten a blister on both feet about the size of a 50p piece and now very sore.

I thought i had sorted the blister problem out running sock correct shoes etc and hadn't suffered for the last couple of months. Do you think the blisters could of returned due to the heat? Extra more friction.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I had a really bad run on Monday, managed to keep going but was right at the back of the group when normally I'm in the middle. But then again my thighs are still sore from last week, which is probably why.

I didn't half feel like a failure though at the time. I suppose we shouldn't beat ourselves up as we all have bad days:)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dimple said:
I had a really bad run on Monday, managed to keep going but was right at the back of the group when normally I'm in the middle. But then again my thighs are still sore from last week, which is probably why.

I didn't half feel like a failure though at the time. I suppose we shouldn't beat ourselves up as we all have bad days:)
Same here just tend to find it annoying as i'm usually near the front in the group! So does anyone know the best treatment for these dam blisters? Ment to be out again tomorrow so looks like plenty of cusioning will be required over those area. Used to use mole skin although found whilst that did work it allowed my skin to really soften and that in turn was great for making them sore!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dimple said:
I can only think of plasters
Yeap thats probably end up what ill do dam things tend to come off once sweaty though! But it beats not running! :d

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I wouldn't worry about a bad day. Earlier this week I struggled to do 20 minutes, yet today I ran for an hour for the first time.

Don't know what to suggest about the blister though. Hope they heal soon.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hrun said:
I wouldn't worry about a bad day. Earlier this week I struggled to do 20 minutes, yet today I ran for an hour for the first time.

Don't know what to suggest about the blister though. Hope they heal soon.
Hey congratulations on the hour! Na bad days happen i suppose if someone told me a bad day would be 8 mile in January i would of said yeah right!!!

I'll appy a bit of vasiline then a plaster followed by my running socks (don't wanna wrecked the socks with vasiline) and try to ignore the pain rather have a slight pain from blisters than miss another run this week! Missed the first one sat in the pub drinking! :embarrassed:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts