Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I don't know if I'm doing another Ironman next year or not...

I don't know if I'm doing FLM (online and club ballot results not out yet)...

But I am definitely doing Barcelona on 2nd March :)

Anyone else? Anyone got any experience of it?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hiya

I ran Barcelona last year. It gets pretty hot, even in March, and there are lots of gradual inclines. Tough course, I found, but you get to see a lot of the city.

If you get a cool day it's much easier. Mine was on the one day in the whole week which had no cloud cover in the morning, so sweltering. Be prepared :eek:

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
One of my closest friends is going to do his first marathon in December (here in Lisbon).
His birthday is on March the 2nd, so he thought about doing Barcelona if his first experience goes well.

At the moment he's just aiming to finish (though going to set a pace for 3h30m as he is a 1h23m half-marathon runner).

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback.

Shiraz and I are now signed up. Flights will be booked "soon" - just waiting on some airmiles to come through.

I'm hoping it's not too hot, but I'm not overly worried about March 2nd temperatures (remind me of those words on race day!)

Ole!

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Temperatures can be well into the 30sºC in March in Lisbon so I guess Barcelona won't be much cooler....
Probably not a place to go and aim for a PB...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
:d

WAY TO GO!!!!!

My friend has decided that another marathon so soon (after the Lisbon one on the 2nd of December) wouldn't be a very clever idea...
I have checked their website as we would both like to go there if there would be a half-marathon but we haven't seen any word on it...
Hollywood, do you know anything about it?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's 3 months after Lisbon! That's plenty of time! Well it is for me at my speed anyway (I'll be running hilly old Luton on the same day you are running Lisbon).

From what I know (a friend did it last year) I'm afraid that Barcelona doesn't have a half on the same day as the full - it did have a 10km last time around, but I don't know if it will this time. There's no sign of it on the website - http://www.barcelonamarato.es/eng/index.html

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
:confused: Thank you anyway...
If there is one we will surely go there to celebrate his birthday on the run. And then we will have to get your number so that you'll have a micro fan club :d

1 - 9 of 9 Posts