Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told after doing a vo2 max test i need to more base-building training to better my aeorobic capacity my anerobic is good but he said my traiing over the years has just been to go hard and not build any endurance so my body is not burning fat the way it should do so i have been told not to go above 142bpm which is 80% of my heart rate then do a maffetone test every 4 weeks to check my progress the question is if i do the odd race will this effect my base building as i have to base build for 12 weeks to see results any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
andypepp said:
I have been told after doing a vo2 max test i need to more base-building training to better my aeorobic capacity my anerobic is good but he said my traiing over the years has just been to go hard and not build any endurance so my body is not burning fat the way it should do so i have been told not to go above 142bpm which is 80% of my heart rate then do a maffetone test every 4 weeks to check my progress the question is if i do the odd race will this effect my base building as i have to base build for 12 weeks to see results any advice would be greatly appreciated
Hi ANDYPEPP It really depends on how patient you are base building is designed to work as you rightly say over an 8/12 week programme personally i would stick to the programme otherwise whats the point
I'm sure the benefits will be worth it in the end you just have to be patient !

there are some good articles about this if you google maffetone tests

I HOPE THIS IS OF SOME USE TO YOU !
Take it easy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts