Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's my first one ever and I'm looking forward to it. I took a drive out there last weekend to suss out the terrain. Mainly because the course profile made me choke on my cornflakes when I received my runners pack :eek:.
As it's my first half marathon can anyone offer me any info on what sort of time I should hope to achieve. I realise this is a silly question as it's dependant on many factors but it would be nice to have a figure in my head or should I just be content on doing it and not worry about times. I'm number 410 so when any body passes give me some encouragement :d

All the best

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Good luck, One Eyed!

Honestly no idea what time you'd get, how fast do you normally run? :p If you can crack 2 hours, then you are doing very well.

Anyway, all the best and have fun

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
If it's your first then don't worry about time... just enjoy it, knowing that whatever your time it will be a PB :)

I've done this race before...it's a good race, very friendly and a nice course.
Unfortunately last year I had to pull out at 5 miles because of an injury problem...I was totally gutted. But hopefully I will be back there one day

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Good luck OER, like the others have said enjoy this especially it being your first, just don't set off too quickly as it is very easy to get caught up with the pace of the other runners.

We want a report on how well you got on...

:d

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
twinkle toes said:
Good luck OER, like the others have said enjoy this especially it being your first, just don't set off too quickly as it is very easy to get caught up with the pace of the other runners.

We want a report on how well you got on...

:d
1:46 05 and the weather was pants. It rained and the wind hurt but my god was it invigorating. Yeehaa, I loved it:d my first 1/2 and I'm sooooo chuffed.:d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Great time One eyed.

You deserve to be chuffed...

What`s next..........?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dave said:
Great time One eyed.

You deserve to be chuffed...

What`s next..........?
vaseline for my nipples I reckon Dave:d seriously I didn't account for that area of my body giving me jip. I think there could be a call for peep hole running tops for us blokes:embarrassed: .

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
one eyed runner said:
I think there could be a call for peep hole running tops for us blokes:embarrassed: .

hmm... that sounds like an interesting idea you have there. Maybe we should get Dan onto it for a new addition to the RunnersForum kit :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts