Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I plan to do this. My new club organise it.

Doing St Neots too, but I'll just plod round as I'm just starting to up my mileage back up.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
hammerite said:
I plan to do this. My new club organise it.

Doing St Neots too, but I'll just plod round as I'm just starting to up my mileage back up.
What is the date of it, do you know?

Have you done St Neots 1/2M before? It's run by my old club and gets good reviews normally. Quite undulating but a good pb course...got mine there 2 years ago. You should have got your number and info by now.

With any luck I'll see you there (mind you there's 1200 entries!)...I'll be in a Lowestoft Road Runners vest (blue/yellow) and am number 321.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Bedford Half is 10th December, last half of the year in the country. Really good course similar amount of hills to St Neots.

I did St Neots last year, was on a quest for a PB, had a storming first 10 then died a slow death for the final 3 miles even though they are down hill!!

Not got my pack through as I'm doing a number swap (officially through Riverside) with a club mate. I'll be in a bright yellow Bedford Harriers vest, I'd say you won't miss me it being that colour but there will be loads of us it being the club champs!!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
The official number transfer system is a good idea isn't it. Last year I didn't get in as I entered too late but only 870ish finished the race out of 1200 entries so I guess this year Riverside Runners have tried to prevent such a reduction in numbers by allowing this form of official number transfer.

All the best...I was originally aiming for a 92mins or so pb but realistically I suspect a 96-99min run now.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yes it's a very good system. They do it for Bedford Half too.

If you do 96-99 mins then I may well see you. I would have to be running a PB, which I will doubt will happen at this stage of my fitness, but you never know I might feel good.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey Steve - tis only a temporary setback. Forget it now. Look to this next week, not back to the past week.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I did this last year and enjoyed it.

I've entered again but will be taking it relatively easy and using the half marathon as part of my marathon training.

We need to arrange a RF meeting point...it would be good to put some faces to names.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I'm hoping it's just dress rehearsal nerves Karen. Silly though as I've done loads of races!
I think it could be done to the fact that I wanted to do a good 'un.

Trinity,
Do you mean Bedford or St Neots?

·
Registered
244 Posts
How did you get on yesterday Steve?

I managed 1h 44 32. Nothing amazing for me but quite happy as I was aiming for 8 min miles. Really enjoyed it. Just need to get back to the long runs to get back to my best.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
From about 3 miles I was going backwards Hammerite.
I knew I was running with niggling injuries but left hip pain that I haven't suffered from for over a year came back to haunt me!
I got round in 1h 38 46 so not too bad I guess but some 6mins off my pb and 3mins slower than the hilly 1/2m I did in Keswick in April.

Great conditions though weren't they and all seem well organised.
I quite like the long sleeved T too.

Glad you did ok and enjoyed the run...shame we didn't meet up though I probably saw you come in as I was at the finish line for a while!

Here's to next year!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks Karen.

Yes conditions were pretty much perfect Steve. I didn't struggle all way round, only wavered a little at mile 10, but I think that was because of the recovery from mile 9 and the head wind. Recovered enough for a 7 min final mile, which was quite pleasing!

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI - Can anyone help?? i am trying to get a last minute entry to the Bedford Half Marathon on Sunday and note that entries are closed on the Bedford Harrier site. I have seen that there might be a chance of taking someones number who can no longer run but i cannot find anywhere to ask??

My mate is running and I would like to get registered to join him fr my first half marathon.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Did anyone arrange a meeting point? I as a newbi member would like to meet some of you... If its at the end you may have to wait for me though!

Got a bit of a cold, don't feel too bad but am getting a tad nervous!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts