635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I am amazed how running has improved my performance on the bike!!!!:d
I was flying along, the hills.....no problem. Woohoo

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aye it does, and being out of breath was ok as I could control it.

And it seems to have loosened up something in my ankle!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
running made such a difference to my cycling. Before I started running I couldn't even cycling up the hill from city centre (it is 5 miles almost all uphill though) but the first time I tried it after starting running I made it home in one go. I got so excited about doing it, that I almost wanted to head straight out for a run. almost....

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I am the same Term, but I dont think it is the running specifically, more the general improvement in fitness.

Still it is having the desired effect :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
True. I've heard that running and cycling use completely different muscles and know of 'serious' runners/cyclists who refuse to do the other because it interferes with their training. But I was under the impression that it's good to exercise 'opposite' muscles (eg biceps/triceps; quads/hamstrings) so that your joints are more stable :confused:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had loads more power in my legs to get up hills and I was not that much out of breath. Good work out all round

·
Registered
65 Posts
True. I've heard that running and cycling use completely different muscles and know of 'serious' runners/cyclists who refuse to do the other because it interferes with their training. But I was under the impression that it's good to exercise 'opposite' muscles (eg biceps/triceps; quads/hamstrings) so that your joints are more stable :confused:
It is good to a certain extent that it will work your opposite stabilisers. But if you train for cycling your just adding extra muscle so - extra weight, limiting movement.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you are injured and have a bike and can use it, then get on it. It keeps up your fitness till you can start running again.
And keeps you motivated.:d

1 - 13 of 13 Posts