Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

First time on this site and just registered. I'm new to the running game and enjoying it a lot. My girlfriend and I are running the Nike 10k in Hyde Park on 8th October and have been training quite hard for it over the last six weeks or so. I think we are both a bit nrevous about it but excited as well. I'm confident we'll finish (hopefully) without too many problems - I think it is just a psychological thing of not having run that distance before...

I found a training plan on the internet and that is what we've been following - seems to be doing the trick - running four times a week. We will be doing a 60 minute run on Sunday which is the longest we have done! When we first saw the plan we laughed at the idea of running for an hour but now it seems to within our grasp - I guess we'll find out on Sunday!

Look forward to meeting some fellow runners on here and picking up some much needed tips.

Take care,

Simon.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
3 Weeks To Race Day And A 60 Min Run Planned This Weekend.sounds Like You're Both Well On Your Way To A Good Race Having Trained Well.

Main Tips For The Race Are To Keep To Your Own Pace ( Don't Get Dragged Into An Early Sprint), Start Slowly And Pick Up Speed As And When You Are Able And Enjoy It!

As You'll See From The Forums The Main Advice Is To Find A Local Running Club. Also Make Sure You Have The Correct Running Shoes For You...go To A Proper Running Shop And Talk To The Guys/gals There.

All The Best!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Simon

Hope you and your girl friend made it round today. It was my first 10k so I was quite nervous about finishing but it was such a great atmosphere that I barely registered that I was running rather than mucking around until that final uphill stretch to the finish.

Yummy mummy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts