Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went jogging for the first time yesturday.I stretched before i started, and i felt fine alday yesturday apart from feeling bit sick straight after jogging.
Anyway i woke up this morning with a sore throat, a pain in my ribs and pain in my quiadriceps.
Anyway does anybody know away to ease this pain or get it to go away cuase i`m going to be a Godfather tomorrow and don`t want to go in pain lol

And also have i done anyway wrong?

Thanks a million.

Carl

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Are you running a bit too fast do you think? Its best to run at a pace you can comfortably hold a conversation. The sore throat could be the result of a virus and not running related you could gargle some soluble paracetemol and see if that helps and dose up on vit c. Pain in quads could be something called the DOMS (delayed onset of muscle spasms or something like that). Its not serious and will pass. You are probably using muscles that have not been used in a long time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yer mind you i did more less sprint when i first started, cause i wasn`t used to my running shoes and couldn`t get a comfortable pace.
kk thanks.
Looking forward to getting tomorrow over and down with cause i`m nervouse lol
Also can`t wait to get back to running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts