Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember me from the beginning of this year, when I was first starting out with running (well, plodding, really). Then, back in April, I hurt my foot and it's taken forever to get better enough to get back to running - so much so that I'm effectively a beginner all over again, only worse, as I now have an old injury I have to take care not to aggravate.

Anyway, here I am, back again, dreadfully unfit again, having put on most of the pounds I lost at the start of the year, and with the weather getting worse and the dark drawing in.

On the plus side, I now have a new job (shorter hours and much shorter commute - hooray) which means I can get outside to run during the week, not just at weekends, so my first two runs (well, walks with a teeny bit of running thrown in - don't want that foot to go again) have been a joy, out in the fresh air and not stuck in a stuffy gym.

If anyone has any good advice about building back up after an injury (aside from the obvious taking it gradually!), I'd love to hear it.

Anna

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi BPC

Great to see you back, apart from what you have already said, keep us posted on your progress that should give you reason to get out and keep at it as we can all give you support and before you know it, you will be back and better than you were before.

Remember also that you have done it all once before so you know you are capable of doing it again.

take it easy :d

TT

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Welcome back - I am sidelined at the moment and know that "beginning again" feeling can be really hard, but you can do it, it can't be harder than starting from scratch in the first place, and you should get back to fitness a lot more quickly than the first time :d

1 - 5 of 5 Posts