Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Punk!... yeugh <spit>

actually, that's what your s'posed to do innit...

correction...

Punk!... hmmm...how nice <smiles sweetly> :rolleyes:

I'm more of a Metallica, AC/DC, kinda peep myself

·
Registered
220 Posts
I don't do punk. I'm with Trinity on Metallica and AC/DC, but Iron Maiden are the ones who really do it for me.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TOP MAN!!!!
Jello Biafra is a god.
AC/DC? Metal Licker? Iron Maiden? Jesus!!!!!!
Metallica used to be punk till they sold out!

·
Registered
105 Posts
punk reached its climax with The Table. if you haven't danced to "do the standing still" then you haven't lived. i suppose that the sex pistols would come out on top of my list of influential punks, and they did produce a couple of great singles. anarchy in the uk is i think along with the clash's london calling the only punk in the rolling stone top 500 records of all time.

for more recent records i have a liking for arcade fire and clap your hands which both exibit some punkish tendancies.

·
Registered
12 Posts
kebab_AKA:frog said:
what about my chemical romance, HIM, funeral for a friend? i also like greenday!:d
luv those bands. system of a down are my fav though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi im new and i just have to say that i mostly listen to Metallica, Iron Maiden, Trivium, etc. However i do like the 'softer' stuff like Blink 182, Jimmy Eat World, and Greenday. :)

Rb.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Metal and Punk !
As an older dude I now exchange recommendations with my son and have started going to gigs again after a long absence. Don't get too precious, it's just great to hear young bands who care about what they're playing.

ps Dropkick Murphys are ace :) :) :)

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
goldbeetle said:
Dead Kennedys every time
The Kennedys are probably the only punk band I would listen to. I'm more of a hardcore fan and listen to Sick of it All, Madball and Stampin Ground.

I also love my classic rock, prog rock and metal - the old school metal like Megadeth, Sepultura, etc.

·
Registered
664 Posts
See what I keep coming back to in discussions like this is don't rule anything out. everybody will have favourites, probably coming from what you hear at a particular age, if you say punk, for anybody my age nothing is gonna beat the thrill of hearing Anarchy In The UK the week it came out, but still I can get a kick out of my son's excitement at a new track from a current punk/metal band. Rock / Run on. :d :d :d

·
Registered
123 Posts
Rancid are by far the best modern punk band. Green Day, punk? Come on, "Wake me up when September ends" never had any punk riffs in it. They're slightly too eclectic to be the best punk band ever.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts