Runners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I would just like to say a big thankyou to all the members of this group, thanks to the motivation, support and advise that I have received from you all I have managed to build up from complete newby to completing my first run of over 10miles yesterday! Ok it was only 1 mile over the 10 but hey......considering the sideways wind and rain I was pleasently smug about it!!!

Thanks to the log I have kept running as seeing my miles rack up has been the biggest motivator but it is thanks to the advise of you guys that I have have managed this without injury or soreness.......Reading 1/2 here I come!

Thanks again!!!
Em:d

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Fantastic achievement Emma !! - well done. When is the Reading H/M. ?

Go celebrate with a big cream cake :d

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Granty....I pretty much did.....well a big fat bacon sandwich followed by an afternoon drifting in and out of sleep before rounding it off with a sunday roast!!

Reading is 25th March so one more long one to go

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Well done Emma.
Glad to see RF is "Doing what it says on the tin!"

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Well done Emma....I know how you feel.

Because it was the nice people on this site that motivated me to go on the road to ruin..............................;)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Great news Emma, keep it going, the Reading 1/2 will seem like a walk in the park when it comes to it :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
EmmaC said:
Reading is 25th March so one more long one to go
25th March. I think you should join me and Granty in our virtual race...........

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Steve said:
We need another lady to join Emma in a ladies virtual race Dave
We'll I imagine that Dave will be wearing 'Race' kit (Dress for those in the know) :eek: - so another man needed for me !!

Dave - I reckon we could be very close if your 13 miles was around 2:20.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
See the Who's The Daddy Thread Emma...and now the Who's The Mummy thread.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Granty said:
We'll I imagine that Dave will be wearing 'Race' kit (Dress for those in the know) :eek: - so another man needed for me !!

Just when Dave thought it safe to come out to play you drag him back to the good old days......;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts