Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some sort of trousers for running. I like the Ronhill Tracksters with stirrups (yes I know most people hate them) but maybe not so tight - my problem is I have a waist of around 36 inches but an inside leg of only around 29-30 inches. Anyone know of anyone who makes or sells this sort of thing in varying leg lengths? Any recommendations?

Anyone esle have the same problem? I see a lot of people on this forum with problems of being too tall but I have the opposite problem. Help!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
29-30 inches is a standard leg in most trousers. I need a long which is about 32-33 inch.

Try a proper shop, then you can try them on before you pay for them and support your local economy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it seems that standard leg length gets longer the bigger the waist. It appears that a 36 inch waist seems to mean inside leg of 31-33 inches. What about us short and dumpy people??? I've tried shops and have the same problem. The only shops I can find with the right length have nothing suitable (only fleecy lined things which is not what I want). Anyone??

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Bobbyd14 said:
No it seems that standard leg length gets longer the bigger the waist. It appears that a 36 inch waist seems to mean inside leg of 31-33 inches. What about us short and dumpy people??? I've tried shops and have the same problem. The only shops I can find with the right length have nothing suitable (only fleecy lined things which is not what I want). Anyone??
This is true, and it works the other way too. With some trouser fits, especially linen trousers, I need a 30 inch waist, but I need 34 inch leg. It is virtually impossible to get 30/34. Thankfully, I'm mostly ok with 32/34.

I wear ron hill classics for running, but I don't use the stirrup. Apparently it is "uncool" to use it. In fact it is quite cool to have them run up the leg a little bit. so maybe just wear the longer pair and pull them up a bit? you might look like a real cool runner. Or you could just wear shorts.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
I use my stirrups, didn't realise it was uncool though. Would have thought it more uncool to have them flapping about. Certainly more annoying!

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
You can get tights that come just below the knee maybe a pair of these will fit like normal tights Bobby!!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I am a 40" waist and a 32" leg. In all my trousers this is a long leg. I have a couple of jeans that are a 38" standard leg and these are 30" and too short.

Still reckon the best idea is to go to a shop and try them on

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Been everywhere and tried everything on but this is a real problem. You're quite right it is OK for jeans or trousers as they do different leg lengths. But that is exactly what I am asking - does anybody know of a manufacturer that does different leg lengths in sportswear? They seem to come as standard??

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Bobbyd14 said:
Been everywhere and tried everything on but this is a real problem. You're quite right it is OK for jeans or trousers as they do different leg lengths. But that is exactly what I am asking - does anybody know of a manufacturer that does different leg lengths in sportswear? They seem to come as standard??
Sorry, missunderstood as I only wear shorts. Could you not find a surgeon to make your legs fit the bottoms ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts