Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been playing with setup ever since getting my bike back in November.
I did some googling at the weekend and settled on 2 sites that seemed to deliver credible data. This one http://www.argonautcyclecoaching.com/?p=bike-fit-calculator seemed to really do the trick.

Did a cycle yesterday after applying the settings they suggested and immediately found that I felt more comfortable - 16-miles later I was 4 minutes faster than usual and much fresher too.

(I ended up raising the saddle by about 10mm and tilting the bars up about 10degrees to make the hoods more ergonomically usable)

Just thought it's worth a share! :idea:

·
Registered
655 Posts
For endurance events the seat height needs to be between 105% and 107% of your inside leg measurement to MINIMISE OXYGEN CONSUMPTION ie OPTIMISE power. (a bit higher for power events...not us probably)

get that right and then all the comfort and reach factors come next. often you will find sapcers on the centrepost that make your handlebars higher...taken them out, lower the handlebars and then put them back on top. that'll make you faster (less frontal area) but might give you a bad back :-( depends on flexibility, reach etc etc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts