Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I thought about it when entries opened last Wednesday but it's a week after Amsterdam marathon so I wouldn't be able to do myself justice and race it properly

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Ooh, I was interested in this one but forgot about it :embarrassed: I may well give it a go as I'll be looking for a half in October to break the 1:25:00 barrier which was my 2008 Goal for the half marathon. There's quite a few halves in the area during october with my club's race (Kenilworth Half Marathon) and Coventry Godiva Half as well.

If there's a few people going it'd be worth perhaps saying hello before/after - a second attempt at a forum social perhaps? lol.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
It is isn't it! I ran it in 2006, missed it last year as I wanted to focus on Godiva 1/2 a fortnight later (which I subsequently missed anyway), and this year I'm more likely to be marshalling than running (unless the club feels thre's enough marshalls and allows me to run :) )

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Oooh... I've so tempted by this one... the club wants as many marshals as possible for it's event on 5th Oct, so it's either this or Godiva...

I've always wanted to be able to say "I've ran this race every year since it started" so the Brum Half may be my chance to do that :d

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Hmmmm, perhaps not a PB course though? Being a point to point race it finishes higher than it starts :( Why couldn't they run it backwards and finish in the Stadium? That'd be cool!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Finally got my hard copy entry form last week :d call me old fashioned but thats what I am use to :rolleyes: its winging its way to B.C.C. as I speak :p

All I have to do now is ensure I am capable by October.............:lol:

As for a meet point there is a half decent pub just down the side of Alexander Stadium in Church Rd :cool: I beleive everyone is ferried back from finish to the stadium ?

The Church Tavern , Church Road, Perry Barr, Birmingham, West Midlands B42 2LA

·
Registered
16 Posts
MRM - I know it well as I work in Perry Barr, just around the corner from the Tavern.
Thats 2 for the meet then :lol:

Are you taking advantage free training sessions at Alex Stadium on Thurs nights ? :nuts:

·
Registered
16 Posts
News to me. Please tell me more about the Thursday night thingy.....?
In the local rag :lol: it said for details contact a Barry Roberts on 0121-360.8703 or E MAIL..... [email protected].uk OF ALEXANDER STADIUM and its also on Tues eve. both at 6.30pm. :cool:

Got my confirmation letter today,not bad only posted it Monday. Looks like they are moving now...........

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Entered this today. Never run a race in my life and I decide to start with a half marathon :worried:. Sensible thing to do?
Not sure but it was the first race distance I entered with very little running experience :eek:

·
Registered
91 Posts
The reason I entered this one was because it was local and it was the next one available (all the right reasons :huh:?). Thinking about now though, I can comfortably complete 6 miles (10k) although I haven't tested myself at race pace so it would seem a bit silly to try and achieve something that I can already do, just a bit quicker.

Any advice?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts