Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing Anglesey on Sunday, is it being a bit ambitious to go for Birminham in 4 weeks time?

Legs seem to have recovered reasonably well with calf tightness eased to almost acceptable level this morning although my exertions seem to have rendered me susceptible to some form of avian killer flu type virus (I have a mild lurgy and sore throat this mornig :d )

So, do I go ahead and register for Birmingham (closing in 2 days) or am I risking doing too much to soon, given I only started out 4 1/2 months ago ?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Go for it Bruce.

You know you want to....................:d

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I think you would be fine for Birmingham! Beasty and I are doing it too - and have another half marathon (first one) in just over a week, but our training says we are ready, and I know the distance will be fine now!

If nearer the time you feel differently - I'm sure you could flog your place on here!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Make that 6500+ plus one now :d:d

After a bit of 'umm'-ing and 'arrhh'-ing brought on by my current bout of avian influenza\ebola, I decided it would be rude not to enter, so the deed is now done :d.

Now then, anyone know if there are any of those blooming hill things in Birmingham ? (I've really got to start checking these details first before entering :p )

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
i think the finish is higher than the start but from memory there isnt anything worth panicing about.. just slight inclines

i did email the organisers and ask about transport from the city center to the start and apparently they will be putting coachs on... so keep checking the website

1 - 6 of 6 Posts