Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went back to the physio have done all exercises he gave me. They did nothing aggrivate my problem so I went and told him we need to find something else to do.

He asked me if I had been swimming and because I hadn't he told me I should prioritise my time better!!!!! Cheeky sod.
I asked him if he really believed that 1 time in a pool would make a miraculus change to the problem because I certainly don't.

He asked why I hadn't been to the pool so I told him, I work nights, I have a family and I have a poorly car so at the moment it is really hard, oh yeah and it costs money! He looked at me and said "you don't work weekends though, you could go then".
I'm afraid I'd had enough then, I told him I look after the elderly as I told him last visit and we don't shut the home down because its a weekend so yes I do.

I asked about my hip because he gave me the same exercises that my husband had for a slipped disc! He said about the pain down my leg and up to sholderblade,. I said yes thats the sciatic nerve and as the muscles across the top of my hip are going into spasm its pinching the nerve, so what about the crunching?

He told me he wasn't going to sit and listen to this!!! Go back to gp and get refferal for x-ray. I told him that if I had known about him wanting that I could've sorted it out beforehand so I wouldn't be wasting our time. Asked if there were any other exercises I could try and he said that there was nothing untill he's seen an x-ray report.

Well I will be getting it x-rayed but I certainly won't be going back to see him, horrid little man. I went out for a run this morning and it doesn't seem to have done any damage. I just had a gentle trot and will stick to that.

So thats it really, I'm not impressed at all really, but I'm back out running and that caan only be a good thing.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Sorry to hear of your bad experience with the physio Tauras - hopefully you'll find another that's able to help you a little better as a result though eh?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Taurus,

Have you considered seeing a chiropractor?

Ill be happy to answer any questions you might have here, and maybe point you in the right direction.

Might be worth a shot :)

Jensen
Sports Chiropractor

1 - 3 of 3 Posts