Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right section, but I've just been to fill up my car and the local BP garage is selling small flashing LED clip-on thingies for only £2.99 (including 3 free extra batteries).

Apparently they are ultra visible for over half a mile at night so may be just the job now the nights are closing in.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Blinking Jewelry

Tried to look them up Bruce but i cannot find them lol..... but arent these pretty

:p

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Blinking Jewelry

Tried to look them up Bruce but i cannot find them lol..... but arent these pretty

Not everything is available on the net Leece, you have to go out sometimes :p

They are like a keyring, my only concern was when clipped on the light points down, and they are going to bang about a bit as I lumber along. I would be interested to hear from someone who has tried them.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Indeed I took one out for a little road test last night. Went for a 5 miler whilst no.1 son was in Taekwondo so ended up running round some unlit back country lanes giving the perfect opportunity to test it out.

They are quite light and I clippped it onto the zip on the front of my hi-viz jacket and as Hrun said the light does actually point down but it doesn't really affect its visibility, and once on after a while I didn't notice it was there.

The LED's are indeed very bright and given they flash in a seemingly random red\white\blue sequence when I hit the really dark places it was a bit like running in a a 70's mobile patriotic disco (or running past a crime scene!!)

They do seem to show up really well and I further tested them by attaching it to the black woof when I took them out later and could see it for quite a way off across the fields when normally at this time of year I lose sight of her when she runs more than 20 yards away(again a rather surreal sight of bright red\white\blue flashing lights moving quickly across a darkened landscape - prepare for some UFO sightings being reported!).

All in all they certainly will make you visible in the dark days ahead although the flashy colours may be a little distrating and not to everyones taste.

(P.s. Leece, they are actually very much like those things!!)

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Will need to find my local BP garage and see if they are selling these things. Sounds pretty good for night running and being seen.

O.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
hey i could wear some of them blinking accessories and make running colourful whilst out at night.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Thanks for the links Richard.

Think I spotted the Adidas reflective light things in my local shop, might need to pop in. I like the new name for velcro.....hook and loop! Whats wrong with Velcro? Is it a brand name?

O.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I think you are right about the velcro thing.

I have been trying to decide if I really need a vest with flashy lights. It is a lot of money at 30 quid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts