Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmph - a big blister!! Stupid me bought 1000 mile trainer liners instead of proper running socks - so after long 10 mile run on Saturday, I have a lovely large red one on the inside of my soul (where I pronate!) I think the friction must have made it red. I have put a gel blister plaster on it - and did an impression of the karate kid in the shower this morning to keep it dry whilst washing!

Question - can i run if i am wearing a gel blister plaster? Should I let the air get to it and not run on it?

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
I've got some Sky Run socks they have outlasted three pairs of trainers so far and never had a problem with them.

Run away might be a bit sore bit if it is suitable taped up shouldn't be too much of a problem. If I need to walk/run on a blister I burst it and tape it.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts

according to wiki
Most blisters heal naturally and do not require medical attention. As new skin grows beneath the blister, the fluid contained within it will be slowly reabsorbed by the body and the skin on top will dry and peel off.

The unbroken skin over a blister provides a natural barrier to infection, and patients should try to keep blisters intact and unbroken in order to avoid infection, ideally only allowing it to break on its own once the skin underneath has healed.

Blisters can sometimes become infected, typically with Staphylococcus aureus. This may be treated with antibiotics.

A common treatment utilized by medics in the U.S. Army is to drain the fluid from a blister and to inject the same amount of compound tincture of benzoin, to help seal the space created by the blister, to serve as a local antiseptic, and to prevent further abrasion or loss of skin.[1]

·
Registered
228 Posts
As the proud owner of more than 100 pairs of shoes I am a blister veteran! Strangely have never sustained one running! Whilst it might be better to leave them intact I usually end up bursting them in a semi-hygienic fashion then taping them up and going running or continuing to wear painful shoes - whatever takes my fancy. Once I have finished inflicting further torture on my feet I try and let the blisters air so that they dry out. Then I enjoy picking the dead skin off but perhaps that's just me :sick:?

I almost feel sad that I've never had a running blister - I think they're kind of like a badge of honour:lol:

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I am fortunate in never yet having to run on a blister. In fact I can't ever remember having one. Hopefully the right shoes should keep it that way. I don't think I would want to run on one but let it heal first.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
As the proud owner of more than 100 pairs of shoes I am a blister veteran! Strangely have never sustained one running! Whilst it might be better to leave them intact I usually end up bursting them in a semi-hygienic fashion then taping them up and going running or continuing to wear painful shoes - whatever takes my fancy. Once I have finished inflicting further torture on my feet I try and let the blisters air so that they dry out. Then I enjoy picking the dead skin off but perhaps that's just me :sick:?

I almost feel sad that I've never had a running blister - I think they're kind of like a badge of honour:lol:
Would it be a fair quess to say that your collection is not of 100 pairs of runnings shoes. Nice image too thanks, picking at your blistered extremities.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I am fortunate in never yet having to run on a blister. In fact I can't ever remember having one. Hopefully the right shoes should keep it that way. I don't think I would want to run on one but let it heal first.
Same for me, never had one, started running two and a half years ago, and on my 4th pair of Asics shoes, obviously suit me so no intention of experimenting with any others.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Would it be a fair quess to say that your collection is not of 100 pairs of runnings shoes. Nice image too thanks, picking at your blistered extremities.
You guessed correctly my shoes are mainly of the impractical kind, although now I have one pair of running shoes I find myself musing that perhaps I need another in case one pair are wet and perhaps a pair of trail shoes would be good too.......

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Thats what happened to me happens with me with all footwear. Got one pair of boots for shooting well I need these other ones too just incase. I also had at one point four pairs of steel toecap boots at home for no good reason other than they were all slightly different and therefore had somethings going for them that others didn't. Sad and expensive.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Thats what happened to me happens with me with all footwear. Got one pair of boots for shooting well I need these other ones too just incase. I also had at one point four pairs of steel toecap boots at home for no good reason other than they were all slightly different and therefore had somethings going for them that others didn't. Sad and expensive.
ya big girl!

:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts