Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OUCH!! Got my first blister from running last night... I think it was started by the pumps I was wearing all day at work and worsened during the run... it's huuuge on the sole of my foot, on the arch! Anyway, not a huge problem lol but it was fairly uncomfortable, managed to run through it OK, but yeah... want to go running tonight, would rather the blister went away as soon as possible but I realise running ON it mightn't help. Anyone got any nifty tricks to help it heal up faster and how to not make it any worse during subsequent runs? And yes... I am thankful it's just a blister heh.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
richardsimkiss said:
COMPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED! Has anyone actually tried the mystical/magical compeed? lol :huh:

I think I used it once when I was a kid?? It just came off though, didn't help much. Maybe I was doing it wrong and they've got better in the last 13 years...

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
COMPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED! Has anyone actually tried the mystical/magical compeed? lol :huh:

Yep, and it does work, so long as you get the right one for the job and apply it correctly

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it's meant to just act as a second skin... I'll let you know tomorrow after I've got some from boots tonight.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
so what does it do? harden the skin or create some kind of protective barrier or what? :confused:
a n s is right... it adheres directly to the skin and acts like a second skin while the blister is healing underneath.

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Do all you blister sufferers run with socks or without?

I run without socks and have never had a blister or even any rubbing .

Just lucky i guess!:)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I don't understand why no one has ever taken me up on my theory of wee on the blister? :confused:

I have mentioned it everytime blisters come up tsk tsk

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I don't get blisters but I heard wee does the trick personally I wouldn't try it. But I think someone should for scientific purposes.

·
Registered
664 Posts
twinkle toes said:
I don't understand why no one has ever taken me up on my theory of wee on the blister? :confused:

I have mentioned it everytime blisters come up tsk tsk
I'm curious TT - do they use their own wee, or do you have 'magic' wee :p

(I'm lucky enough to never have had a blister in my two years running, just being nosy)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts