Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if I have already asked this and forgotten what the answer was (I've looked back quickly but can't find anything). I seem to have very soft skin on the arches of my feet and since getting my Shin Splints sorted, continually get a blister in the same place every time I run.

Is there something you can rub into the skin (not to heal the blister or anything like that) that will actually harden the skin up?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
What you are trying to think of Steve is Compeed... it goes straight onto your skin and protects the blister or the vulnerable area :)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Trinity said:
What you are trying to think of Steve is Compeed... it goes straight onto your skin and protects the blister or the vulnerable area :)
No it wasn't Compeed Trin.

There's something you can rub onto your feet to make the skin less prone to blister...still can't think what it is though!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I heard your own wee is supposed to help with blisters :eek: I don't fancy trying it out...

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
hmm... standing in your own wee... do you think that's why old ladies do it :rolleyes:

There is also a compeed cream... is that what you're thinking of Steve? :)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Trinity said:
hmm... standing in your own wee... do you think that's why old ladies do it :rolleyes:

There is also a compeed cream... is that what you're thinking of Steve? :)
No it's something more basic than compeed...like vinegar or something.

Being really helpful here am I not?!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Salt hardens the skin I think. It's a dessicant (sp?) so removes moisture, therefore hardening the skin.

I heard peeing on your feet was good for athlethes foot. Something to do with the enzymes in urine killing the bacteria in athletes foot fungus and starting good cultures.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Jason said:
Salt hardens the skin I think. It's a dessicant (sp?) so removes moisture, therefore hardening the skin.

I heard peeing on your feet was good for athlethes foot. Something to do with the enzymes in urine killing the bacteria in athletes foot fungus and starting good cultures.
I wouldn't fancy being a chiropodist treating old people.... but at least they won't have blisters and athletes foot :confused:

Steve... well, I would if I had a blister :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts