Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out for a run with a mate from work today. I was going out and he has just decided to give running a go. I told him I would take an easy pace and he was welcome to join me. It was good having some company and it made me realise how much fitter I am now that I run...he plays Basketball on a regular basis but admits running for an hour isnt what he can do.
So off we went for a 40min run or jog :)

20mins in and I was feeling like it was a warm up, 30 mins in and he told me to finish the last 10mins on my own so I put my best foot down and picked up my pace when I went round a corner and met some school kids walking the canal path, since there was more of them and one of me I cut the corner and nipped round them, well, that was the plan, instead I went round the corner, didnt see the coblestone sticking up and caught my back foot on it! Down I went!!

One of the kids (teenagers) asked if I was OK, and once I had checked myself over I said yes thanks and continued to run home....but boy does me knee sting now! Was even worse when the shower gell went on to the cut!!

So moral of the story, always watch where your going :)

O.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Well on a positive note it's nice that the school kids asked if you were ok and didn't beat you up or mock you like we are told all kids do these days.

·
Registered
835 Posts
JBBury said:
Well on a positive note it's nice that the school kids asked if you were ok and didn't beat you up or mock you like we are told all kids do these days.
That's the problem. Kids these days get bad press which just generates bad behavior. But from my own experience most are decent individuals with good morals. As ever, everything is ruined by a few who have not had a good start given them by their parents.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I expected them to burst out laughing once I started to run away again but all I heard was "that looks sore!"....just as well I wasnt closer to the canal otherwise I would have been swimming as well.

O.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts