Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I run with my android phone tucked away in a waist belt and often wrapped in a freezer bag to keep the rain away. I have music playing on shuffle and sometimes an uninspiring song comes on that I would like to skip. Is there a small bluetooth device available that I can use to remotely skips tracks on my phone? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought a small Bluetooth remote for £3.99 from Ebay that is designed to be attached via a sticky pad to the steering wheel or dashboard of a car to control media playback on a smartphone. It took a couple of weeks to arrive from China. I have done two runs with it and it does exactly what I asked for in my previous post. I can have my phone packed away and control media it from this device that is small and light enough to disappear in a pocket.

The 'Smart Remote' is detected as a Bluetooth keyboard on my Android phone so does not conflict with Bluetooth earphones. Pressing the centre button launches the default media player on my phone and then I can skip to the next track, change the volume and pause playback. I do not use the default media player so need to figure out how to set up my prefered player as default. At the moment I can manually start my prefered player before tucking my phone away and then use the remote to control it. The buttons do not light up or have a tactile feel then which may be an issue on dark winter evening runs.

No idea how long it will work for or it it will survive much rain. It runs off a non-rechargeable CR2032 which are commonly found in car remote fobs and PC motherboards.

If anyone knows of a waterproof version please let me know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts