Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else in Birmingham for the Track and Field Championships this weekend, or am I the only one flying the flag for the forum? According to statistics the forum has 2,366 members so I'd have thought there'd be other Veterans taking part. It's my first participation in a T & F event of this magnitude, so it's all a little bit daunting!
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Steve said:
How'd it go RF?
Any gold medals to report?
Just one - in the 800m which I won by 24 seconds and less than a second outside the British MV75 record.
In the 1500m I was well inside the old British record of 5:45:43 but had to be content with Silver behind the incredible Brian Ashwell who won in 5:29:94. Brian also took Gold in the 10,000m next day. I don't think I could ever beat him.
In the 400m I pushed Charley Williams to new British and European records but failed to catch him and had to settle for Silver again. His new MV75 records stand at 69:51
If I'd known I was so close to the 800m record I could have cracked it easily, but I was taking it easy because I was so far in front and out on my own.
I also think I could beat Charley Williams if I trained hard for it. Charley came to Birmingham specifically for that one race. He hadn't run a 1500m race just before it on the same day like I had.
Cheers!

PS. You can check the results on: http://www.bvaf.org.uk/results/onatm75.htm

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Runningfox said:
My legs actually cut out on me in the 400m and I crashed to the deck, but still got up for 'Silver'.
I would love to have a silver in anything, to fall and still get a fantastic result, great going

1 - 15 of 15 Posts