Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going out for a run this evening, I couldn't find my socks. I remembered they were in the car. I went out to the car but unusually it was locked, I couldn't be bothered walking the 20 meters back to the house to get the key. So in a moment of sheer bloody mindedness ignorance and unadulterated laziness I tightened my shoes and set off. All was well for the first few miles on the road, almost as soon as I turned onto the track on the return leg they started to rub. I am now the proud owner of a large blister on the arch of each foot.

Well done me.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
If it were anyone else I'd be questioning so many aspects of the post... particularly the concept of keeping your only socks in a car? :lol:

Since it's you though Squint, nothing can suprise me ;)

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it were anyone else I'd be questioning so many aspects of the post... particularly the concept of keeping your only socks in a car? :lol:

Since it's you though Squint, nothing can suprise me ;)
Socks were in the car as they were in my bag for running after work the night before butI never changed them, as for only having one pair I've just never got round to buying another pair of running socks and I'm not to bad with a washing machine.

only one pair of socks????

isnt that what Mrs squint/ children are for?
For Mrs Squint to fetch them I would need to unlock her cage. Not advisable unless armed gaurds are present and Squint Junior is too small to open the door. She will soon be trained, she has almost got the hang of "heel". (Bloody dogs didn't take this long to train if they did they'd have been put to pasture.)

Where do you live? Two unlocked cars sounds tempting :) Do you leave the keys in the ignition as well?

O.
I have been known to on a few occasions O, but they are usually unlocked. I'd rather have to replace whatever is stolen and still be able to drive in the rain than replace what is stolen and a window. Beside honest folks live round here.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Might want to look at evening classes in grammer or is it just hard to type with a plum in your mouth :p
One knew fine well what one wanted typed, unfortunately the Whipping Boy seems unable to put my words to print. Worry not though, he is presently being suitably punished. He wanted more work so I gave to him the simple task of transcribing and look what he does, bloody staff. Give them an inch!

As for being hard to type with plums in ones mouth I shall ask the Whipping Boy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts