Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Been reading a few reviews on this book - Heart Rate Monitors For the Compleat Idiot - on Runners World and though it looked quite interesting. Takes a slightly different approach to other books and seems to have other general running advice as well. Not got to grips with using my HRM very well but would like to at some stage. I have looked on Amazon and various other sites but it seems to be out of print and only available from America.
Does anyone have a copy they could either sell or lend me? :)

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I've often ordered 'Used' books through Amazon suppliers, quite a few of which were delivered from America with no problems. One of them actually came from Argentina bearing four interesting stamps which I've kept. Quite honestly (probably something to do with being a Yorkshireman) I invariably order 'Used' books through Amazon. The quality has always been good and they can be less than half the price of new books.
Cheers!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. I may well try to get it from America. I have ordered things from the US before and they often get here quicker than from the UK. Just thought someone might have one kicking around they no longer needed...

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
i've never understood the point of heart rate monitors let alone books about heart rate monitors...

how could a book like that be interesting ?!

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
It's each to their own revenged... if you're interested in the subject then a book on it will be incredibly interesting!

The heart plays a pretty big role in the activity of running so i've always found it incredibly interesting to know what it's doing at various intensities etc... whether training by HR will improve your ability as a runner beyond just a normal training schedule is down to personal opinion.

I don't train by HR, but I feel good for knowing what's going on inside :)

Altna - I have, or at least had a copy of this book, and I remember it taking an absolute eternity to get hold of! lol. I'll see if I can find it, if I can you're welcome to borrow it for a month or two?! (if that's sufficient time for you to read it?)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Richardsimkiss
Thanks for your response - said far better than I could! I always like to investigate every aspect of things I am interested in and then make up my own mind as to whether it is of help or not...
If you do manage to find the book I would be delighted to borrow it and promise to take great care of it! At least then I will know whether it is worth sending for if I want a copy to keep. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts