Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much booze will we have drunk this weekend?:eek:
It's not big or clever but I bet we have more than we should even though we are runners.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well I'm off to a comedy nite later on. We usually end up getting jugs of beer which makes it more difficult to work out how many pints you've actually drunk! Could be a good or bad thing ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I train hard during the week and am completely on the wagon so I think I deserve to let me hair down and have a drink at the weekends - I don't feel bad. You've got to live a little or else what's the point?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Fri/Sat/Sun 15-16 pints maybe. Couple a night during the week.:eek:

Always lie to your GP.:)

·
Registered
813 Posts
I rather like the odd saucer of Jack Daniels, but not before a race. Tonight I am trying to stay late at work to keep me off the alcohol........but I do sleep better if I have a couple!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had a night out on Wed watching the footie, then had a couple last night, so I am off it all weekend as I've a half mara on Sunday.....sunday night though will be a completely different story. However, I would like to stay off the booze for a full month, just to see if i can see any noticeable difference. May do it in Nov. watch this space.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I should have left this thread well alone.

I`m going for a 6 mile run now,so that I will feel less guilty drinking that beer later.

·
Registered
664 Posts
After only taking up running at the start of the year I wondered if I should seriously think about cutting back, but I do like my Guiness, especially when watching footie with pals. Avoid it night before races though. However I did meet up again with an old boss, who has been running marathons for years (frightening to think his total milage). Anyway, turns out him and his pals pick marathons or halfs they fancy in Europe or the States, and make mini-holidays of it all, sampling plenty of the local brews after their runs. So a happy mixture sounds OK to me. Last year I was doing the boozing without the exercise, so things have got to be better now.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
:) 6 1/2 miles out of the way.Now,wheres that beer.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well apart from Steepler we all like a glass or two it would seem....Dave of course being the one who puts up the average somewhat!
Having started this thread I guess I should confess to a bottle of wine and 1.5 pints which for me is a lot.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Steve said:
Shocking behaviour I know... my defence is that I was driving.

DRIVING !!!!!

Surely you should have been running.

Where is your commitment.:)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had the 1.5 pints over a 2 hour period so think I was ok to drive.....mind you there do appear to be a number of lampposts on their sides this morning and a few dents in my car!!

No commitment at all...I missed a 10k for a charity golf day!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts