Runners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post so please help me out!

i've recently started running and need more interesting (and more importantly healthy) ideas for lunch - i work in an office and normally have a boring roll, yoghurt, fruit etc. Hopefully some of you can give me some inspiration for more exciting and tasty lunchtimes! thanks

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Trinity said:
how about cous cous with chopped salad, olives and a tiny bit of 'light' salad cream
Followed by,Chocolate cake with double cream............................:d

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I don't know how you feel about sweet potatos but they make a nice change from the humble spud and offer more nutrional variety.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm, i do like them but i don't really know how to prepare them - can you just stick them in the microwave like a normal spud?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
calton1954 said:
RF, are you really Alf Tupper ;)
Good question. I was weaned on fish and chips - in the days when you could buy five fish suppers for half a crown (12½p). Bet you've been reading the Alf Tupper poem with a verse that reads:
Never ever cheated
No sarcastic quips
The secret of this man's success?
Good old fish'n chips.

Aye, beats all your rabbit food!
Cheers!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Runningfox said:
Good question. I was weaned on fish and chips - in the days when you could buy five fish suppers for half a crown (12½p). Bet you've been reading the Alf Tupper poem with a verse that reads:
Never ever cheated
No sarcastic quips
The secret of this man's success?
Good old fish'n chips.

Aye, beats all your rabbit food!
Cheers!
Isn't that also when you had to live in a shoe box on the main road with nowt but hessian on your back!!:d :d

1 - 18 of 18 Posts