Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only eat breakfast when on holiday (and it's paid for as part of the package! ;) ).
In fact I never eat before 1pm.:eek:
However once I start to eat I want to munch all the time but don't until after dinner, after my run.
If I ate breakfast I'd only start to have the munchies a lot earlier.

Is this unusual?:d

·
Registered
813 Posts
Steve said:
Is this unusual?:d
Yes!!!

How do you have enough energy to run in the mornings when you haven't had anything to eat? I know we are all different, but I need a kick start in the mornings. I certainly couldn't run very far without getting weak and wobbly.

I am on my 'early' shift this week, so munching starts at 3:30am, then carries on all day. I need to 'stack up' some energy to run in the afternoons, that's my excuse anyway.

Have you ever eaten breakfast?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Sounds unusual to me as well, If I miss breakfast I will continue to munch all day, If I get a hearty Breakfast inside me I'm OK.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't remember when I last had breakfast.
Most of my runs are in the evening and because of that I don't eat between lunch at 1pm until then as I need at least 4 hours between eating and running or ....leave that to your imagination!
When I do morning long runs I have a coffee an hour or so before the runand drink juice/water whilst running.

I think the eating I do after dinner provides me with the energy I need until lunchtime.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Fruit & Yogurt for me in the mornings....

Amazing when I think that 2 years ago it was Sausage sandwiches,Coffee & cigarettes.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Dave said:
Fruit & Yogurt for me in the mornings....

Amazing when I think that 2 years ago it was Sausage sandwiches,Coffee & cigarettes.
Throw in a bar of chocolate and it sounded like mine as well Dave !!

Not any more I hasten to add. :d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Steve said:
You've been McKeithed Dave!

I`m sure I wouldn`t have forgotten any time I might have spent in the company of that mad C....C....C...........Woman.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Dave

Just so you don't feel like the only odd one - I don't eat breakfast either and can't remember the last time I did!!

If I do, I end up being really hungry again by about 10ish, whereas by not eating breakfast, I can not eat until about 1pm. Also like you I have coffee and juice before a morning run, then eat when I get back!

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
jothesnail said:
Hi Dave

Just so you don't feel like the only odd one - I don't eat breakfast either and can't remember the last time I did!!

If I do, I end up being really hungry again by about 10ish, whereas by not eating breakfast, I can not eat until about 1pm. Also like you I have coffee and juice before a morning run, then eat when I get back!
I always eat breakfast and end up feeling hungry mid-morning too. My simple solution is to eat some fruit and yoghurt to tide me over to lunchtime.

If I didn't eat between breakfast and lunch, I would end up feeling really light-headed.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Me too Grant, I don't like missing any meals :eek: , my fav brekkie is a toasted banana sandwich with honey instead of butter :p then fruit mid morning.

·
Registered
151 Posts
A huge bowl of porridge with skimmed milk topped with a table spoon of honey. Mid morning, some nuts, seeds and dried fruit. Lunchtime run, then lunch, mid afternoon snack, then evening run, then dinner. I eat all day! :)

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
twinkle toes said:
Me too Grant, I don't like missing any meals :eek: , my fav brekkie is a toasted banana sandwich with honey instead of butter :p then fruit mid morning.
Not a big fan of toasted sanwiches, so I just stick to cereal. Sandwiches for lunch and meat and two veg :huh: for tea. Loads of fruit in between times.

·
Registered
13 Posts
breakfast

four weetabix and a chopped banana for me every morning -
i'm terrible if i dont eat regularly through out the day, i feel really weak and shaky if i miss a meal.

i must snack every two hours at work usually friut, and i always like a large meal
for my evening meal then a few hours later i'll snack again before bed.
(starting to sound a bit greedy here)

ive always had a big appetite ever since i was a kid.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts