Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, due to an error in judgement (brain fell out) I stopped my 10k at 6.1 miles this evening :confused:

However I completed it in 50:28:34 :d

As a result I would like to review my prediction for the Castle Coombe Social. I am aiming for sub 50 :cool:

I was also abused for the first time today, some yound lad muttered "run forest run" after I had passed him. Balsy eh :p

I also abused a motorist :p On the seafront I passed an old boy in a car with his window down, going at about 5 mph. As I passed I cried "faster than a speeding bullet" :d Made his missus laugh.

Finally I also passed a couple of lads on skateboard, pacing for all they were worth, they tried to keep up but never caught me.

All in all, what a run. My Mojo is stoked

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Hahah! Absolutely great stuff Hrun! Castle Combe is the perfect track for a good time (or at least I'm hoping it is)... hopefully the wind will be nearly non existant though.

I had a laugh with a motorist tonight - or rather at... group of kids in a fiesta came past beeping their horn and shouting and speeding off into the distance as fast as their little engined car could take them... 1mile down the road they were sat in traffic and I just ran past them waving :lol:

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
However I completed it in 50:28:34 :d

As a result I would like to review my prediction for the Castle Coombe Social. I am aiming for sub 50 :cool:
Dammit!
:'(

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Where's your competitive spirit Beasty? you've got over 5 weeks before CC - get some hill work in and aim for the 50min mark ;)
We're doing hills!! Did last night - in the dark, in Abbey Fields! It was interesting as I didn't have a head torch (like the others - Beasty could have warned me!!!) It was really fun though - I need to be shouted at to push myself really hard. I am starting to wonder if I should have done CCF at school instead of DofE!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The socials afterwards. Firsts it's a race off :)

If Beasty will accept the challenge that is :p Also it is an interesting comparison between structured club running and my run as I feel approach.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
H, well done on your running. You should see if Beasty wants a real challenge and see if he will wager the hand of his fair maiden on the outcome of the race!!!!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No thanks, beautiful though she is, I am happily married :)

Might put a beer on it though. I am still working on the support team driving home.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
im not agree'ing to anything at the moment :)

ive only been running full stop since may and taking it one race at a time..
and at the mo its looking like i have at least one race every weekend until the social.. so if i can avoid injury ill be happy

next challenge is another half.. although im sacrificing a challenge at a PB to help sweaty try and get close to the 2hr mark

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We have been running about the same time I think (I am starting to lose track). Reckon Sweaty may beat us both if you are too helpful :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts