Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Newbyrunner here! Where have I been? Injured!!!! My right knee has been knackered! However, with the help of a God-like physio I'm back(ish) on track and ready(ish) for Bristol half marathon. Weekly training has hot the 20 mile mark and fingers crossed I'll be there with bells on.

Anybody else out there doing Bristol?

Newby (aka Ed)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the last one I did I managed it in 2.06! Which was great for me as I've spent the last 15 years necking lager and eating kebabs! I've had a knee injury for the last 2 months so I'm not as prepared as I would like. However, I'd settle for 2.00 (ish). What sort of time are you looking at?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
sounds like you are back on track, good luck NB and Granty, want to hear all about it.

When is it by the way?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I'm aiming for just under 2hr NB, good luck with yours.

TT - a week Sunday :lol: - even started eating Oranges.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
How has your training been going?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I've knuckled back down since my recent over indulgence on Cider and Pasty's in Devon and I think (hope) I'm on course for the sub 2hr (did 10 miles on Sunday in 1:35) but it's going to be close.

PS - How's your running going now - are you back to training regularly?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Best of luck with it Granty I have every faith you will get that sub 2hrs:d

I am out 5 times a week now, I am training for a 1/2 in October which will be my fisrt 1/2 this year :happy:

I have been doing some shorter races to try and help get my times down, hopefully all will come to fruition ha ha.

:d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts