Runners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The British Masters XC relays (incorporating the Midland Masters XC relays).
Due to injuring my knee at last weeks relays I had not run all week and was not sure what kind of performance to expect. As we travelled to Long Eaton the rain was pouring down, but luckily stopped as we arrived and the sun came out. I ran round the course with my teammate, Steve Mellors, and it was as flat as a pancake and despite the rain the conditions underfoot were very good. After the warm up we met up with our first leg runner, Kevin Lomas and had a discussion on what would be the most suitable shoes to run in.
Kevin got us off to a good start coming home in 3rd place, I started at a steady pace because of my knee but it did not seem to be a problem so I picked up the pace and managed to overtake the team in 2nd place then I was overtaken, so back into 3rd place and with 800m to go I was passed again so down to 4th I picked the pace up a little and although I cut the gap I could not catch up and handed over to Steve in 4th place, 20 odd seconds off 3rd but 3:30 in front of 5th. Steve ran a solid leg and extended the lead over 5th place but was unable to cut the lead of the 3rd placed runner. So we ended up with 4th place in a national competition so not too shabby. The good news was that in the incorporated Midland championship we came 2nd. The knee is a little sore but a lot better than last week and the Silver medal helps with the pain :cool:
All in all a good day for my club as all the teams we entered won medals.

M65 Team 4th (2nd in Midland race)

M35 Team 5th (2nd in Midland race
W35 Team 3rd

Spencer Newport, gold medal for fastest M55 leg

Juliet Potter gold medal for fastest W35 leg

Smile Tree Plant Jacket Recreation

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well done! I am writing up a race report from the North East Harrier League and hope to post later this week. Was getting closer to proper cross country this time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts