Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these classes?

British Military Fitness

A friend of mine is planning on trying it out, and it does look like fun and a good way to vary your exercise a bit. Just wondered if anybody had good experiences. Don't know if I would have to try a beginner class or more advanced class because, whilst I'm a very fit runner, I don't know if my upper body strength is good enough to take more advanced classes.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Was only saying to Steve the other day that I need a military-style trainer! Wonder if this lot will come and drag you out of bed too!

They do one near me - might try that!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Not for me - I was scared of the whole CCF thing at school - opted for Duke of Edinburgh instead!! My friend who did CCF got pneumonia quite a lot (so I think I chose.....wisely!!)

I think I would definitely be a Private Benjamin... (!)

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My friend told me that when she went to watch a class there was only one bloke. The rest were women. That certainly aroused my interest ;)

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check your shower head!

I'm surprised there were a lot of women there, what with there being a beefy army instructor in uniform ;)
True. My slender runner's body just can't compete with that :(

·
Registered
629 Posts
There's a popular one here in Brighton. Was tempted to try it myself until I looked at their website and saw some of the Action Man types!

Brighton being Brighton though these guys are probably as popular with the chaps as much as the ladies!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've been doing it for the past year and also did it for a couple of years in London a few years back. I can highly recommend BMF, its a great way to get an all over body fitness. There is no shouting at all, its just harmless encouragement. The standard of fitness you get from it is great, and yes, there are usually more women than men!

The only problem I have is that sometimes it takes me a couple of days to recover properly from a session and then that effects my running.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow

Wow, military muscley types to stare at while your are doing your sit ups - I'd go for that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts