Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have finally ventured outside, and it was hard!

I ran 2.6 miles, but had to walk for 300 yards after a mile. My heart was pounding but going back got easier.

Some observations:

9.5 minute miles seems a good pace on the treadmill but felt so slow outside.
The ground is not so springy and doesn't help you by moving.
Curbs are really traps to leave you crippled by the roadside.
I have read of the beauty of running alongside foxes with a hawk guiding you admiring the stunning views; but to be honest I was so busy breathing I didn't notice ;)

Overall a good experience but I am glad of my treadmill and the work I have done before venturing out.

Same time tomorrow then.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope.

The treadmill has its place, especially during the week when I can use it around other things at home. Also there are hills in just about every direction from home.

However when I am staying away like this, then outside is a nice option. Especially in the morning if team bonding (sitting in the bar) makes going for a swim during the evening awkward.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I always preferred the treadmill, but now the weather is warmer, it's only an option when the weather is foul.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Nice one H.

That treadmill willsoon be rusting..........................:d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
dimple said:
You could do miles and miles while you watch Big Brother:d :eek:
Like This................:d

treadmill.gif tv.gif

·
Registered
298 Posts
Nice one centurion....

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Hrun... great stuff, well done, and welcome to the world of outdoor running :)

Now repeat after me...

Hills are good... Hills are good.... Hills are good :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how does that go...

...Driveways are soul destroying

How many noticed the post time. I went out at 5.20 this morning 80 miles from home, just to be sure no-one recognised me. :embarrassed:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi,

I just wanted to say that I used to run on a treadmill, purely because I had a lot of weight to lose and its only been since January that I have been running outside and I would never go back now, and I never thought I would say this but I love running in the rain. I cant stand running on the treadmill now.

Shaz

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Sharon72 said:
Hi,

I just wanted to say that I used to run on a treadmill, purely because I had a lot of weight to lose and its only been since January that I have been running outside and I would never go back now, and I never thought I would say this but I love running in the rain. I cant stand running on the treadmill now.

Shaz
that's great Sharon! :)

there speak the words of the converted :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
ChiefRunningBare said:
LOL!!!! ahem.. ten words required to post a response? Oh ok then.. ehm... bit much isn't it?

Oh and well done on getting outside! It really makes a difference to how you feel about running!
not words CRB, characters, that's why you see peeps posting ..... (dots)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts