Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had a broken leg and returned successfully to running?
How long did it take?
Did your fitness get back to pre-injury levels?
Any tips on retaining any fitness while injured?
And any other stories/advice would be most grateful!:d (I've got approx 6 weeks in plaster to read them!:nuts:)
Cheers

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
you really are bored aren't you.

Sorry I can't help. Nearest I have come to a break was a fractured elbow in a car crash. Upset my drinking for a bit but no lasting effects :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you really are bored aren't you.

You could say that!:((
Just trying to get some info, so that when the docs say I can start any physio/exercise,I've got as much help as possible. I intend to get as fit (or fitter) as I was before the break, but what too make sure I don't come back too quick and get injured again.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
sorry I can't help either, but the physio will be the best person who will know.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Provided it was a fairly clean break and has been reset properly there shouldn't be any problems at all. Lots of pro foozball players break legs and feet and return without much drama.

As for keeping fit not too much you can do for the lower body but no reason why that should stop you working the rest of your body.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Provided it was a fairly clean break and has been reset properly there shouldn't be any problems at all. Lots of pro foozball players break legs and feet and return without much drama.

As for keeping fit not too much you can do for the lower body but no reason why that should stop you working the rest of your body.
He is. Lifting beer cans and finger tapping posting here :lol:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Any news on catching the driver couch?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts