Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question : how do the shoes above compare with regard to the amount of support they provide? Any experience from runners who own both?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Greg

The shoes will give you two completely different feels and rides, and the quick answer to your question is that the Adrenalibe will offer you more support. The Kayano is softer, smoother, lighter and for some people the perfect shoe. The amount of support is moderate. The Brooks shoe is definitely firmer and stiffer and subsequently offers more support. The Kayano is a joy to wear staright from the box, the Adrenaline needs a little running in, but is worth the wait.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nick said:
Hi Greg

The shoes will give you two completely different feels and rides, and the quick answer to your question is that the Adrenalibe will offer you more support. The Kayano is softer, smoother, lighter and for some people the perfect shoe. The amount of support is moderate. The Brooks shoe is definitely firmer and stiffer and subsequently offers more support. The Kayano is a joy to wear staright from the box, the Adrenaline needs a little running in, but is worth the wait.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Nick, yes it does help a lot.

I own a pair of Adrenaline and I agree with your comments - they are a bit stiff but they are a fantastic shoe, I love them. However I'd like to find a second pair, probably with slightly more support, but without going motion-control. I have 2 very different feet pronation-wise : 1 pronates very slightly, the other one pronates quite a lot and I'd like to see if there is a shoe which would support it
- without making the other one supinate
- without needing orthotics

I will visit a shop next week (prob will be a Sweatshop as I'm round Teddington-way) but wouldn't mind being able to look up a few models beforehand.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
38 Posts
I personally am a big fan of the Mizuno Wave Nirvana - not just as soft as the Kayano, but still pretty well cushioned and stable - certainly more stable than the Kayano, and the Adrenaline, and is one of the only shoes that I have seen recently that has a little bit of forefoot stability with the solid wave extending into the forefoot. But then it is going to come down to what feels best to actually run in - it might be the most stable cushioned shoe in the world with cracking write ups in the mags, but if it doesn't feel good to run in, then perhaps its not for you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Greg

the two I would recommend would be also the Mizuno Wave Nirvana, which will give you more stability but definitely a lighter feel, also the Adidas Adistar Control, which offers again more support that the Adrenaline, but a similar firm ride. If you give the Teddington shop a shout before venturing over they may be able to save you a pair of last years Nirvana which they currently have at £65 instead of £90, there is no change to the shoe, only colour.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts