Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Afraid I`m not Steepler.Have promised myself to come down for it one year.

What kind of time you looking for ?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Good luck.

Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Saw the forecast this morning Steepler.

Thought the wind might be a problem.

Good time considering......

·
Registered
348 Posts
Bad luck with the wind Steepler, it was worth a good minute + yesterday. Good effort though, I think I might have stayed under the duvet!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My pb is 34.12 so I'm mainly trying to get back to where I once was!
But sub 40 should be on the cards soon.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well done Steepler - I was a little behind you and I'm guessing we saw each other a few times...

20:03 first half (a 5k PB) 21:49 second half for me - 41:52 - 7 seconds outside of a PB - and can you guess which half was mainly into the wind?

Actually I also suffered from last week's marathon a little too... but I wish I'd looked my previous PB up before the run - I know I could have found another 8 seconds (doh!)

And no complaints about the weather from me - we were lucky it stayed dry - if the rain had arrived an hour or more earlier then it would have been real carnage!

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
steepler said:
My pb is 34.12 so I'm mainly trying to get back to where I once was!
But sub 40 should be on the cards soon.
Blimey! Great PB time Steepler! Sub 34mins is my long term goal, and I've no idea whether i'm capable of it, but I'm sure as hell going to do my utmost to find out!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:rolleyes:
Hollywood said:
Well done Steepler - I was a little behind you and I'm guessing we saw each other a few times...

20:03 first half (a 5k PB) 21:49 second half for me - 41:52 - 7 seconds outside of a PB - and can you guess which half was mainly into the wind?

Actually I also suffered from last week's marathon a little too... but I wish I'd looked my previous PB up before the run - I know I could have found another 8 seconds (doh!)

And no complaints about the weather from me - we were lucky it stayed dry - if the rain had arrived an hour or more earlier then it would have been real carnage!
I've been out for an hour today and decided that it's about time I lost the lard and got properly fit. Big miles and twice a day runs here I come! I went through the half in 19.51 so I was rigging at the end!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts