Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checked the website...only 158 entries so far for the Bungay Marathon...plus me , SWMBO and one other club runner to be added....so 161 runners spread across 26.2 miles....it'll be a lonely race methinks!! :(

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
You'll all start from the same place so it won't be lonely for at least the first 15... and by then you'll be so focused that it won't be a problem :)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got our numbers this morning....306 and 307 so that means there are at least 207 of us registered now!

Good thing tabout the race is that the 1/2m starts 2 hours later so there will be people on the course for the second half to tag onto ...he says, hopefully!!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well hopefully but then some will fly by and with me getting slower, no doubt, there will be some to pull me along...maybe

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Steve good luck for sunday as you know i will be routing for you and mrs steve.... complete with camera in my hand.

So come on Steve... Predictions for Sunday, what times.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Good luck to you and SWMBO on sunday Steve.

Hope all the training pays off and gets you a good time........................................................... snow.gif
I just looked at the weather, I don`t think you`re going to have a problem with the heat........... running.gif ..

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
lol @ dave

Yeah predicted sleet and rain isnt it.

NOTE to SELF: wear appropiate standing around clothing.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the weather looks as if it'll be great for distance running......well ok anyway...as long as the wind isn't as strong as predicted, there's no sleet or snow.....I guess that means it's not going to be great for distance running after all!

As for predictions...well legs are a problem and I hate the wind so pb very unlikely...it's an undulating course too..not a flat one like FLM..was just over 4hrs at FLM last year so it would be good to get under 4hrs this year....we'll see!!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
You be fine Steve

*slaps back

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers Leece....shall do my best...and will try to look good when I pass you...even if I collapse when I'm out of your sight!!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Oh ok can i take a pic when you make a grab for the juice :p

I bet i make you trip up :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sharon72 said:
Hi Steve,

I wish you all the best for Sunday
Cheers Sharon...I'd say come along and spectate but the weather may not be to your liking...if interested there will be a few LRR members at the pub...where else?!...at around the 23m mark.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
ill jeer you on Steve GOOOOO ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN look sharp at the 20 mile mark ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts