Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This race will be my first 10k (gulp!), but the trainings' going well so I'm hoping to finish without the aid of the St Johns' Ambulance :p

Anyone else here taking part?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I'm there. I've got the Silverstone half marathon in March so I might even enjoy the GMR by the time it comes around! :) It'll be nice for me because I grew up round that way and now live about 200 miles away!

I think I nearly ended up with St John's at the end of the Great South Run 2006 ha ha! I ran beyond my ability that day and pretty much collapsed at the finish line!

Best of luck with your training, it's not nice weather for it is it?!
Ed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gmr

Hi i will be there doing it with my sister, she has never taken part in a run before so iam going to be her pace maker. Good luck everyone.:d

·
Registered
52 Posts
dimple said:
I've been thinking about doing it with my pal. I'm going to look into it, is it a hard one anyone??
Not "hard" that is to say there is only one slight incline(up Chester Rd to Old Trafford) other than this its pretty flat. I find that the biggest problem are the people who want nothing more than to get on T.V. at the start!:confused:

They gather at the start line for more than an hour before the start then within 5/600 yards they're walking!:eek: I always put myself down with an accurate time of 40/45mins and start well back, but find I have to zig-zag through these selfish people who have no chance of finishing under the hour!

Sorry to go off on one but this really gets up my nose!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Well I won't want to be at the front, hate cameras and am shy :embarrassed:

I will look into applying to do it, will be something to look forward to :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well done Dimple!:) I hope I haven't painted too bleak a picture! Apart from my one bug bear I think it is still my favorite race of the year!:d I train mostly on my own and any races I do are mainly low key affairs, but the GMR is HUGE!:p

And its really great to be a part of all those "real" runners. So enjoy, and I might see you there!:cool:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Hiya, just been having a shifty look on the net on my lunch at work, is it right that it's on the 18 May, I may be too late to join. Is there a link I can access it?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Ta for that:)

Think I'd better look for another one, as I'm doing race for life the week before and need to get sponsors for that.

Will look round for another one not to far away, really want to run a 10k:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts