Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone,
Just thought i'd tell everyone how chuffed I am. Although i've been running around Burrator for 3 weeks today was the first time for 2 things:
1) It was the first time i've have ran with the Brooks "people" who were all very friendly and supportive. Dotty the lady "in charge" really encourages the newbies and gets them going which is what we all need at some stage.
2) Today was the firt time i've run round Burrator twice yes twice and I did it in 1hr 06min which apparently is a respectable time.

Thank you everyone who was there.
See you all next week;)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Yes I saw you Don you were just ahead of me at the start but being slow soon got left behind. However I managed two laps and knocked 10 mins off my previous time but I was a good 20 mins behind you.

Well done - good effort.

The Brooks runs are once a month Don.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I also really enjoyed the Brooks run this morning. It was great to meet people face to face.
The support and advice was a real help and it has given me a super confidence boost.

I was in the run walk group and i think we did one lap in just under an hour, i was really buzzing afterwards and next time i aim to do 2 laps!!!
Was there a 2 lap run walk group? or maybe i should aim for 1 lap running.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Burrator Sundays

Hi All

I agree, it was a great morning with a good turnout. We meet every Sunday at Burrator at 9am, so anyone who wants to join us, just come along!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Firstimer
There were 3 groups:
- the marathon group they went off first and were aiming for 3/4laps
- Dotty's group, which were aiming for 2 laps
- beginners run/walkers group who did 1 lap

There is nothing to stop you aiming for a second lap if you feel up to it and its generally best if you feel you need a walk break to take it. However make sure you feel comfortable doing the first lap first before attempting the second.

Littlemissporter I was looking out for someone with a dog - do you not bring the dog this time?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts