Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran this for the first time last Saturday. Does anybody else on here run it?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I guess you already know this (but just for the sake of any lurkers)

If you're coming in any of the next four weeks, allow plenty of time to park outside the park and jog into the race start - as the main park road (Chestnut Avenue) is closed for repairs.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Just in case there are any South West Londoner lurking

I cannot recommend this race highly enough!

If you are in or near SW London and you fancy a regular test of your speed or you fancy a regular tempo run then this time trial is just ace.

It's flat, low hassle, free and friendly. The online record of race results and times is also great. There are always 5 or more online folk there - from either here, Runnersworld or Fetch or from all of them - watch out for the Fetch t-shirts - they're an easy hint to spot! I'll be there marshalling tomorrow and again on the 25th March and 1st April... and when I'm not there marshalling I'll be there running.

Check out www.bptt.net for more info.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know you're racing Sunday (is it MK?) but why aren't you racing BPTT 25/3 and 1 Apr? Good luck on Sunday btw.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yup - this Sunday is MK

Then on the 25th I may be swimming the 5km swimathon and then I think I'm joining you in Cranleigh on the 26th (but maybe I'll stick at 15 miles)

Then on the 1st April most of the usual marshals are off running around Milan - so they need volunteers who know how the registration system works...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Just to boing this event up again...

It is well organised and superbly friendly for runners of all abilities - there are about 150 runners every week varying in pace from 15 to 40 minutes.

It is a flat and fast course.

It is free.

And this Saturday there seem to be quite a lot of virtual folk running it (from RW, Fetch and from here)

So if you are anywhere near Teddington/Kingston/Hampton this weekend... then this Saturday 9am is an excellent time to come along!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Ooops - saw this too late. I hope you came along any way!

This is excellent for the "pretty slow" and "very slow" - check out the new runner instructions and just turn up and run. Also look at some of the reviews on runnersworld.co.uk - there are plenty of Race4Life type run/walkers and they've all reported that it is friendly and excellent!

When you come, look out for online peeps - especially Fetch Everyone vests - they are all very friendly!

But actually next week will be my first BPTT missed since NYD (although for some of the races this year I have been time-keeping and marshalling rather than running).

Post here or drop me a mail if you need any more info!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks Hollywood. I came along with my other half and watched today. I had raced all week and so was tired. I am going away for a couple of weeks and will have a go at the BPTT when I get back. It looked so well organised. I also did see a couple of ladies with Fetch vests. thanks again. Hope to see you soon!

·
Registered
419 Posts
pretty slow said:
Thanks Hollywood. I came along with my other half and watched today. I had raced all week and so was tired. I am going away for a couple of weeks and will have a go at the BPTT when I get back. It looked so well organised. I also did see a couple of ladies with Fetch vests. thanks again. Hope to see you soon!
OK - I'll be back there on 2nd July and then we are there pretty much every weekend :)

Hope to see you soon :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah the BPTT has been a great success since its inception. The Time Trial format comes from South Africa where virtually all the clubs hold a weekly Time Trial on the same course at the same time. It's really handy for benchmarking your fitness with little disruption on your training as it's so short. Paul Sinton-Hewitt started it a year and a bit ago (ex South African) and it's ably led by him and supported by a band of dedicated guys who help out with timing and online results etc. There should be more of 'em around :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well organised!

I did the BPTT last week and I was delighted by how organised and easy it is to run in it. I am going back again today. Have to ask, who are the Fetch runners and where do they originate from? Thanks!:

·
Registered
419 Posts
pretty slow said:
I did the BPTT last week and I was delighted by how organised and easy it is to run in it. I am going back again today. Have to ask, who are the Fetch runners and where do they originate from? Thanks!:
Glad you finally made it along to run! How did you do? When are you coming back?

Fetch is at http://www.fetcheveryone.com :)

If you see a grouping at the end and there are some Fetch shirts there then please come over and say hello!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Hollywood,

I came back again this week and ran 2mins 18 quicker than the week before. I really enjoyed it! I brought some of my club along too. I will have a look at the Fetch website and say hello next time. I am doing Elmbridge next weekend so won't be there this Saturday:( , but the week after we hope to have a lot from our club running. It is very organised and friendly. :d

·
Registered
419 Posts
pretty slow said:
Hi Hollywood,

I came back again this week and ran 2mins 18 quicker than the week before. I really enjoyed it! I brought some of my club along too. I will have a look at the Fetch website and say hello next time. I am doing Elmbridge next weekend so won't be there this Saturday:( , but the week after we hope to have a lot from our club running. It is very organised and friendly. :d
Well done on the improvement - if you can keep that up then you'll win it soon :)

Are you from Sutton Runners? I seem to have seen quite a lot of them in the last few weeks. (But don't worry - the number of Stragglers easily wins!)

·
Registered
15 Posts
very well detected Hollywood. Yes, I am from Sutton Runners! No chance of me ever winning though, not unless I am the only one in the race! We have a long way to go to catch the Stragglers.
Shame, I am going to miss the Wedding Day 7 this year, I don't finish work early enough to get there. Hope it goes well. Great race.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts