Runners Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi Fi,

It went...well...it was pretty hard going. :( The update is on my blog, saves me typing it all out on here!

As for the playlist - it's easy I had everything in iTunes anyway so sorted the columns by time and picked the songs I wanted! It's easy to do it took about 10 minutes and worked perfectly. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hiya,

I remember you mentioning your pressure headache in the other thread now. (Not only am I quite slow at running, I'm fairly slow at thinking too! lol)

You did it though! Are you looking forward to the next one?!! Did your headache go after you'd stopped running? Maybe it is hydration linked? Do you sip water or a sports drink while you are out? (I dunno! Look at me trying to be all runner-y!!) :)

Will try doing a playlist later! Thanks.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hope I can keep up with you guys on c25k - I did day one, week one this morning - my first run! You lot better keep it up...I need the inspiration!

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yay go Pete! Week one run one was a shock to my system I think but enjoyable so well done for starting.

Well I did my 2nd run of week 4 today. It was a bit easier that Monday so that's promising! I've cut out coffee too, kind of. I haven't had a cup in a few days I wont stop completely as I like a coffee with friends etc but I'm not drinking so much.

The downside is that I was drinking coffee when I wanted chocolate or snacks so now I'm eating more snacks. I have to remember to have more water instead of the snacks. I used to drink loads of the stuff and wouldn't touch tea or coffee so I should look at my younger, fitter self for inspiration!

It was a lovely sunny morning today, I actually met two dog walkers instead of the usual one! That spurred me on because I didn't want them to see me appear to be struggling!

Have fun to those running today.

(ps it would be good to change this subject as it's attracted more people than I expected and I'll probably keep updating it as the weeks go past, is that possible?)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Love to hear you all progressing. I did a 8 week to 5k programme last year and it got me going. I've done a few 10K's had a big injury problem, now fixed, working on my 10k times and started trail running aiming to do cross country over the winter and then ? a half. I have had ups a downs, lazy days, and loss of mojo but if you just keep getting your feet out of the door and work within you own limits the rewards are fantastic. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Pete, well done! Week one day one was quite hard. I didn't think I'd make it! I'm on week three now, and I'm still enjoying it! (ish) :D

Vicki, no coffee? Whenever I've cut coffee out in the past, I've always had really bad headaches. I must up my water today too :) It's a rest day today for me!
I don't know if you can change the title of the thread. (Is that what you mean? Because week three has been and gone for you) Maybe we should start a new thread? A general C25K thread for anyone doing it, whatever week they are on. What do you reckon?

Ali, it's great to hear you started out last year, and now do 10K's. I hope I get there one day!

Happy running everyone!

Fi.

·
Registered
319 Posts
good thinking - the admins can change the title but may be good to have a whole thread for the C25K generally - do you want to start or shall I?
;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oooh, go on, you start Pete! ;)

Then we can all compare notes! I am currently worrying about week 5, on week 3!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts