Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm not having much luck at the minute. I'm running in the Dublin Marathon in 6 weeks, so far training has been going well. I was out on Sunday running 18 miles. After about 15 miles I pulled up with a calf injury. At first I though it was cramp but right now, 2 days after its still really painful.

With such a short space of time until the race I'm really worried. I've never had this injury before and have no idea how long it will take to recover before I can continue training or even take part in the race.

I'm after advice from anyone who's had this sort of injury or has any idea what I can do. Please Help!

Many Thanks

Matt (Running Nutter) :(

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Hi Matt.

When I get cramp.(luckily,not too often these days.)
My calf tends to be very tender for 3/4 days after the attack,so maybe it is just the after effects.
Lets hope so....

Best of luck.

Dave.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Sorry to hear RN, sounds promising what Dave has said, lets hope thats all it is fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
After three or four days you can be fairly certain it's not just cramp. If it's still painful after three or four days, and you still can't run on it, would suggest you see a physio to assess the extent of the injury. It could be a partial rupture of the muscle or at worst a torn tendon. Whatever it is, the sooner you get a proper diagnosis and relevant treatment, the better.
Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts